Get Rid of Gotsearch.co.uk from Chrome/IE/Firefox
Gotsearch.co.uk is a dangerous browser hijacker infection, which is produced by cyber criminals to gain money from the diverting traffic. When this little pest invades your machine, you don’t have any ideas about how and when it achieves the penetration. In fact, Gotsearch.co.uk virus can come into your machine with the freeware that you download from the Internet, so you are impossible to notice its arrival.
Once it settles down on your machine, it will generate numerous commercial ads, which keep popping up on your screen from time to time. Moreover, after Gotsearch.co.uk alters some of your browser settings, your browser will be under its control and perform poorly, and then you will see that your websites are always hijacked to some unfamiliar sites.
Besides, no matter when you look up some information online, you will be hijacked to random websites that contain some ads rather than the correct information that you search for. By the way, the start page on your browser will be replaced by Gotsearch.co.uk as well, which cannot be restored in any ways. All in all, if you want to release from this annoyance, you should remove Gotsearch.co.uk from your machine right away.
Gotsearch.co.uk Virus Screenshot:
How to Remove Gotsearch.co.uk Virus Manually?
Back up your system FIRST! Manual removal is a very cumbersome and risky method to get rid of the virus. If you are really skilled and experienced in computer, you can try it with utmost care. But if you are not, please don’t take the risk of ruining your computer. It’s recommended that you use this Auto Fix Tool to fix your problem.
Step 1: Stop all running processes of Gotsearch.co.uk in Task Manager.
- Hold Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys to open Task Manager.
- On Details tab, end all associated processes by clicking on the process that belong to Gotsearch.co.uk and then click End task button to stop it.
Step 2: Remove all shady software related to Gotsearch.co.uk
- Open Control Panel and click Uninstall a program
- Click Uninstall/Change button and uninstall all shady software in the program list.
Step 3: Delete associated malicious entries of Gotsearch.co.uk in the system Registry
- Press Windows key + R to open Run
- Type in regedit and click OK to open Registry Editor. Click OK to proceed if User Account Control pops up.
- Navigate all folders and delete all entries related to Gotsearch.co.uk.
Step 4: Delete associated malicious folders and files
- Open Control Panel, click View by Large icons, and then click Folder Options
- Click View tab, select Show hidden files, folders or drives and then click OK to save the change.
- Delete all folders and files related to Gotsearch.co.uk
Step 5: Remove Gotsearch.co.uk from your web browsers.
- Open IE, click Tools and click Internet Options
- Under General tab, type in your favorite website URL and click OK.
- Open Firefox, click Tools and click Options
- Type in your favorite website URL and click OK.
- Open Chrome, click Customize and control Google Chrome, and click Settings
- Under On startup, click Set pages, remove Gotsearch.co.uk and type in your favorite website address
- Under Appearance, tick Show Home button, click Change, remove Gotsearch.co.uk and type in your favorite website address
Gotsearch.co.uk virus Removal Video: