How to Remove Livesmartsearch.com Efficiently
Livesmartsearch.com is a typical browser hijacker virus, which is able to modify the Internet settings of the target PC without the owner’s approval. Generally, browsing on malicious websites, clicking on vicious links, and opening infected attachment emails will probably make you get infected by Livesmartsearch.com. Once this little pest is installed into your system, it will replace your homepage and search engine with its own websites and force you to use its service.
Then, in order to degrade your system performance, Livesmartsearch.com will drop malicious codes to every corner of your system, which can change the system settings and infected the system files underground. Besides, this pest can hijack your browser by modifying some browser settings. After that, you will see that every time you try to search for some information on the Internet, the search results will be redirected to some other unfamiliar websites, which usually contain some dangerous codes.
Hence, after you are redirected to those websites, you will be invaded by more risky infections later. Moreover, Livesmartsearch.com may probably collect your browsing information for the hackers to do malicious activities. Thus, you can see how dangerous Livesmartsearch.com is. Now it’s time to get rid of this virus and safeguard the PC.
How to Remove Livesmartsearch.com Virus Manually?
Back up your system FIRST! Manual removal is a very cumbersome and risky method to get rid of the virus. If you are really skilled and experienced in computer, you can try it with utmost care. But if you are not, please don’t take the risk of ruining your computer. It’s recommended that you use this Auto Fix Tool to fix your problem.
Step 1: Stop all running processes of Livesmartsearch.com in Task Manager.
- Hold Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys to open Task Manager.
- On Details tab, end all associated processes by clicking on the process that belong to Livesmartsearch.com and then click End task button to stop it.
Step 2: Remove all shady software related to Livesmartsearch.com
- Open Control Panel and click Uninstall a program
- Click Uninstall/Change button and uninstall all shady software in the program list.
Step 3: Delete associated malicious entries of Livesmartsearch.com in the system Registry
- Press Windows key + R to open Run
- Type in regedit and click OK to open Registry Editor. Click OK to proceed if User Account Control pops up.
- Navigate all folders and delete all entries related to Livesmartsearch.com.
Step 4: Delete associated malicious folders and files
- Open Control Panel, click View by Large icons, and then click Folder Options
- Click View tab, select Show hidden files, folders or drives and then click OK to save the change.
- Delete all folders and files related to Livesmartsearch.com
Step 5: Remove Livesmartsearch.com from your web browsers.
- Open IE, click Tools and click Internet Options
- Under General tab, type in your favorite website URL and click OK.
- Open Firefox, click Tools and click Options
- Type in your favorite website URL and click OK.
- Open Chrome, click Customize and control Google Chrome, and click Settings
- Under On startup, click Set pages, remove Livesmartsearch.com and type in your favorite website address
- Under Appearance, tick Show Home button, click Change, remove Livesmartsearch.com and type in your favorite website address
Livesmartsearch.com virus Removal Video: